KICHECHE VALLEY CAMP
The camp is set on the Eastern side of the 50,000 acres conservancy in a beautiful secluded valley dotted with Acacia trees. The tents lie amongst the trees and rocky outcrops and enjoy wonderful views of the game filled plains to the south. The location is close to both the Enniskeria river region, with it’s stunning granite outcrops and permanent pools popular with the resident wildlife, and the vast plains to the north hosting large numbers of plains game and containing a vital elephant corridor to the North. The valleys to the west are stunning for game driving and particularly walking.
The camp consists of six tents, ensuring the optimum personal touch in camp. The six luxurious tents, built in a unique style incorporating high eco-standards, are set on platforms. These fully insect-proof style tents are equipped with large beds, quality linen, bedside tables, desk, sofa, luggage racks and rugs. Bathrooms are en-suite and are equipped with a shower and flushing toilet, fixed shower and hot and cold and running water. Triple tents are available on request.
The large and spacious lounge tent and its veranda overlook a natural spring and is a really nice setting for the delicious meals. With its comfortable local furnishings and informative collection of reference books, it makes a delightful place to relax between game drives or other activities.
Kicheche Valley is proud to have been named as one of the “hottest” new hotels in the world for 2012 by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine! This is a major honor as only two properties in all of Kenya were selected. Kicheche Valley Camp was selected as a winner due to its chic look, the unique experience it offers guests, and the general ambience of the place.
Kicheche Valley is Eco rated GOLD by the Eco-tourism KenyaENQUIRE NOW
• Game drives in open vehicles
• Escorted walks on the savannah
• Walking safaris with overnight stays in a fly-camp in the bush.
• Bush sundowners and breakfast in the stunning surroundings
• Visit to some of the community projects we support
Additional Activities included:
• Massages available as well as beauty treatment performed by a beauty therapist (with supplement)
• Village Visits Guests can visit one of the local Maasai villages to see first hand their way of life. (with supplement)
• Hot air ballooning in the Masai Mara
• Traditional Maasai wedding ceremonies and blessing can be organized.