MARA NYIKA CAMP
Mara Nyika, meaning “Large Plains or Great Plains,” is an intimate tented camp set in a valley, straddling a small stream on the western side of the Naboisho Conservancy bordering the Maasai Mara.
Mara Nyika’s light-coloured canvas tents were designed to sit under the canopy of umbrella thorn trees while still offering guests views out over the plains. Walkways from the tents to the main area evoke the feeling of a treehouse under canvas and the camp’s ethic and inspiration is one of exploration and adventure. Privacy is the key to Mara Nyika. Privacy to live, think, explore, be romantic and be pampered – all the while with one of the most spectacular backdrops Africa can provide.
As from the 11th of June 2020, Mara Nyika will be reconfigured to offer guests 3 luxury guest suites in addition to 2 x 2-bedroom family suites.
Many Mara Nyika guests may opt to spend a few days in Mara Nyika combined with a stay at either Mara Expedition or Mara Plains Camp to get exposure to all three wildlife areas, namely the private Olare Motorogi and Naboisho Conservancies and Maasai Mara Reserve. Each wildlife experience from our camps is unique and offers a different face of the incredible Maasai Mara ecosystem.ENQUIRE NOW
• 1,000 sq. foot tented rooms with private verandah (of nearly equal size);
• Desk and dressing area as well as small lounge;
• Either twin or double bed configuration;
• Raised tents are light beige in color with high ceilings and netted windows, so are airy and bright;
• Honeymoon tents are tents secluded and romantically placed
• There is a low ramped tent (not stairs for our guests that need wheelchair access).
• En-suite with flush loo, shower (indoor), copper bath tub and double basins;
• Hot and cold running water;
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided;
• Power system does not support hairdryers, shavers or any high wattage device
• (low voltage hairdryers provided)
• Customised large elevated Tree House Styled canvas tent on raised wooden decking.
• Overhead ceiling fan
• Fly netting on all tent sides;
• Mosquito netting over the bed area.
• A selection of local and regional wares available.
• Yoga mats and bands are provided in each suite;
• Wellness spa with locally inspired treatments is available for in-room treatments. Each guest tent has the following for guest use on a complimentary basis during their stay:
• Canon EOS 5D camera bodies, monopods and selection of 24-70mm and 100-400mm lens;
• High quality 8 x 42 binoculars.
• Year round
• Guided morning and evening game drives
• Nature walks
Private game drive vehicle and guide available at an additional cost
Additional activities available:
• Hot-air balloon safaris – additional cost
• Community & cultural visits
Address: Great Plains Conservation
Tel: Kenya Reservations Office: +254 (0)73 351 3461